The Parkville Carney Business and Professional Association is a non-partisan, nonpolitical organization that assists businesses working with local government agencies and the police department with issues that concern the local community. The PCBA furthers economic development by encouraging new business in the area, revitalizing existing businesses, and working with local schools to further the customer base and to make the area a safe and profitable business location.
- Formed a good working relationship with the Baltimore County Police Department. Crime reports and traffic issues are given at each meeting.
- Worked with the State Highway Administration with a streetscape program for better traffic control and pedestrian safety as well as the overall appearance of the Parkville area.
- Worked with our local school art departments to bring a Holiday Window Decorating program to the business district In Parkville.
- Worked with the Baltimore County Police Department to coordinate with the JOINS program to help with Juvenile Offenders in Need of Supervision to help clean the Parkville area and help the juveniles get out of trouble.
- Helped create a fun and profitable business district in Parkville.
- Establish and maintain a web site for the businesses.
- Working with other business associations in the county with the CRAG program. Networking with other businesses and associations for ideas on how to make our community a better place to do business.
- Increased the membership to 100 members in 2002. This helps with funding for participation in communications and other programs for the association.
- Created an annual social event to bring the businesses together in a social environment and raise funding for local associations or charities.